Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rest in Peace, EunB


Go Eunbi. 1992-2014. 

I don't know how to word this post - I've never been good at these things. But I just wanted to take this moment to mourn the death of EunB of Ladies' Code.

EunB, along with her Ladies' Code groupmates Rise, Sojung, Zuny, and Ashley, and staff members, were in a tragic car accident. Rise is in critical condition. Sojung has also been very injured, with the other members and staff with minor injuries.

This was a really hard blow to me as I've been rooting for EunB and Ladies' Code since their beginning. Although EunB wasn't my immediate favourite member in the beginning, I loved the group as a whole very dearly, and I greatly appreciated her shining presence in the group. In my memories, she will always be the adorable, hardworking, bright individual who showed tremendous improvement with every release. I loved watching their music videos as they came out - anticipating EunB's scenes the most because her facial expressions got exponentially better with each video. She was a joy to watch on tv with her bright personality; she wasn't called Eunvitamin for nothing. She had a beautiful voice. Sojung and Ashley seemed to have more lines most of the time but EunB always stood her ground. It felt like she was just beginning to get more lines, too. I wanted to hear more from her. And for some odd reason, I've always pictured EunB to be the one to go into acting. Even now I can picture her acting in dramas - she could've been that really terrible idol actor, initially. But as EunB has always shown, she'd get better and better.

Ladies' Code's "Hate You" was one of my favourite songs from last year and I still listen to it frequently. And EunB's bridge in that song was what made it so great for me. EunB was the charming point of "Pretty Pretty".

Ladies' Code easily makes my top 5 favourite girl groups... Every comeback got me extremely excited because I knew they had the potential to gradually get bigger and bigger to be one of the top girl groups one day. Even with their latest comeback with "Kiss Kiss" - I enjoyed the song and was disappointed that it didn't get as much attention as it could have, but that only got me more excited for their next release, because I had utter faith in them to come back stronger. They always have. They've never had a absolutely terrible release.

I'm praying that the remaining members make it through this hardship. It's so difficult to believe what has happened. I don't know what's going to happen from here, and I am terrified. I hope and hope that Rise will hang on and persevere, because I want to see her smile, to hear her awkward but incredibly cute accent again. I don't know how hurt Sojung is but I desperately want her to continue singing with her phenomenal voice. I want to see Zuny's beautiful eyes when she smiles and to hear her improve with each song. I want to see Ashley's outgoing personality shine on TV. But then, I'm probably being selfish and greedy. I don't know if any of this will be possible anymore. But for now, I can only hope, and believe that these ladies will pull through.

My deepest condolences go out to the girls and the staff members, and their friends and families. And I want to give a huge hug to the other Ladies' Code fans out there. Let's keep on believing in them, like we always have.

And - to Eunbi. Thank you so much for all you've done for us. This is painful to say goodbye to you but I hope you're in a better place. Rest in peace.


1 comment: