Friday, November 30, 2012

I love CDs.

I got the three albums I ordered on YesAsia yesterday! First time ordering from there, and only 3 this time (as opposed to the 14 I ordered over the summer on Gmarket, and the 20 I ordered on Gmarket this semester that I had shipped home instead of my school address), but I was beyond ecstatic, because all three are very special albums. Let me show you with pictures!

The packaging! It was all very nicely done. A lot of bubble wrap, all that good stuff.

voila! From left to right:
9와 숫자들 (9 And The Numbers) - 9와 숫자들 
Various Artsts - 이야기해주세요 compilation
Ironic Hue - Into The Mirror 


The 9 And The Numbers album is a personal favourite of mine, and I've been meaning to buy it for a long time. Finally got the chance to! It's such a solid pop rock album, a must for anyone, really. And the album art is so pretty. And the booklet feels really nice, it's such a lovely material! They also released an EP recently. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but I definitely will.

So Ironic Hue's Into the Mirror isn't something that I really gave much attention to... until around two weeks ago. See: the day before I ordered this album. I don't know why I never properly listened to this album because I've had the audio files sitting in my library for ages. I'm serious, they're one of the first Korean bands I checked out when I was just getting into Korean rock/alternative music. I occasionally listened to "불" from time to time, but listening to the whole album for the first time in years, I realized that there were such fantastic songs on this album. The second half of the album is just phenomenal. I was so glad when the album was still in stock because I thought it could've been out of print, seeing that the album was released 5 years ago. And also very, very lovely packaging. Although the CD was difficult to take out of its flap. But I just adore digipaks, I would have digipak over jewel cases any day. ANY DAY. 
Anyway, really brilliant album, probably one of my top rediscoveries of the year. 

And... 이야기해주세요. Please Talk.
This has got to be the most meaningful and gratifying purchase this year. A compilation dedicated to comfort women, the 2-disc features 17 female singer-songwriters. A diverse range of genres and sounds, but all unifying with the overarching theme of the album. Extremely beautiful. Sad, but beautiful. I will definitely be writing more about this album in a separate post, so I won't say too much here.
But really, worth every penny.

to our grandmothers. 

6 comments:

  1. That Ironic Hue CD looks a lot better that I imagined. Didn't expect the packaging to be that good! I guess I really need to get it after all..

    (this is scherzi from Tumblr btw ;p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Yeah, the album is really gorgeous, I'm so happy with it. And now I have a better rip of the album, too! :) everything is good.

      Delete
  2. I just love CDs, especially if they're from Korea. Just being able to own a Korean CD, an awesome feeling it is. I've never ordered from YesAsia before, although I've truly been wanting to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying CDs and looking at all the pretty artwork and such, it's such a great feeling!
      I prefer buying from Gmarket over YesAsia. YesAsia is okay, but it's cheaper to order in bulks on GMarket than ordering from YesAsia. I also don't like how they don't track your packages at YesAsia, it sort of makes me more anxious, haha :)

      Delete
  3. If you don't mind me asking, how do you order korean disks from gmarket? I live in Singapore where we do have gmarket, but all I can find in the cd category are kpop cds/idol merch :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just search for artist names in the search engine! :) usually you have to do it with their korean names though. (or album names, that's better sometimes)
      so for example, if I was looking for primary's latest album, i'd either search 프라이머리 (primary's name in hangul) or "primary and the messengers" which is the album title :) that usually does the trick. then I pick one of the bigger sellers (usually 음반몰 or Synnara/신나라.)

      Delete